History






                                       REGENTS’ GLEN & THE BOX HILL MANSION 

The elegant Box Hill Mansion of York, Pennsylvania, was built on property originally known as “White Oaks Plains.” This grand historic site dates back to a large territory on the west bank of the Delaware River, granted to William Penn in settlement of a debt by the King of England. Later to be known as Pennsylvania or “Penns Woods,” the region was settled by a religious group known as the “Quakers,” and this particular tract was bought in 1736 directly from the William Penn Family. Old white oak trees, from the time of the colonial settlers, still stand today along the 13th hole of the golf course. OPULENCE & TRANSFORMATION The Mansion, completed in 1929, was originally built as a private residence by George and Purdon Whiteley. Mr. Whiteley was the owner of Dentsply, a leading manufacturer of dental supplies that still thrives today in York, Pa. The Whiteleys and their four children resided at the home surrounded by 419 acres of gardens, woodland and farmland-for nearly 50 years. Artifacts from the Whiteleys’ many travels still remain, in a collection of labeled stones from around the world. The beautiful gardens were also developed in part by cuttings from Boxwoods and other shrubs transplanted from Europe after their many visits there. As you stroll through the winding paths, you will notice a shrine of Indian artifacts found on site, paying homage to the property’s historic past. 


 A NEW VISION In March, 2016 Rod Krebs, a prominent local business man in the York area purchased Regents’ Glen Country Club and along with it, Box Hill Mansion. Mr. Krebs focus on Box Hill is to return the mansion and the overall site to prominence in York County. Through a team of dedicated employees and the direction of the Krebs family, the mansion is receiving the attention that it deserves to once again present it as the premier location for dining and private events. Considerable resources are in place to improve the facilities while maintaining the charm and elegance of years past. Fall of 2016 will bring with it an unveiling of the new and improved Box Hill Mansion.






























Regents' Glen Country Club was established in 1998 and is celebrating      
20 years in operation.